Recently, my friend Jayma Malme surprised me with a “Stylish Blogger Award!”
Thank you so much, Jayma!! What a fun little award to win ~ it’s my first acknowledgment for my blog and this means a lot to me. :) Jayma is a friend I met through Twitter and we also connected on Facebook and face to face when I visited her in October. She is a Close to My Heart Consultant and an avid blogger and paper-crafter. Please take a look at her blog and poke around. She has so many beautiful ideas shared on her site that will inspire you like she has inspired me.
Here are the rules for the recipients of this Stylish Blogger Award:
- Thank the person who gave it to you and link to their blog
- Share 8 things about yourself
- Share the award with 8 other “Stylish Bloggers” and share the bloggin’ love
Well, the first one was covered, so I’ll move on and try to come up with eight not-so-boring facts about myself.
1. Are you familiar with those yellow Lego-looking traction “things” embedded in the sidewalk on the corner, just before the sidewalk ends and dumps you into the street? I can’t walk on those! They hurt my sensitive feet, even though I always wear shoes.
2. My car license plate used to be “DEPMODE,” which is as close as I could get to “Depeche Mode” and I had a custom license plate frame made that mocked those “I’d rather be shopping at Nordstrom” frames. Mine said, “I’d rather be at a Depeche Mode concert.”
3. When I was 19, I quit my job so I could take advantage of a sweet deal on Alaska Airlines: $22 each way to San Francisco! I’d never flown before, so this was an opportunity to seize! I went with a girl friend and we had a great time.
4. When I was in the 5th grade, I broke my right hand on a gingerbread house. I didn’t know it was broken for several weeks after it happened. I just knew that it hurt to write or play hockey in gym class.
5. I had braces on my teeth for seven and a half grueling years: 5th grade until after high school graduation!
6. I LOOOOOOOOOOVE flossing and 2 things I always have with me are floss and Kleenex. I have floss in a kitchen drawer; in a drawer in the coffee table; in my car; in my purse; in my night stand; in my bathroom; at my desk in my office; and at my desk in my home office. I think this floss addiction is due to two things: seven and a half years of flossing with braces was very difficult, so it’s really easy to floss now – AND – I never want to look like the grinning cashier at Safeway with cheese and bread stuck in her teeth. I just can’t get that image out of my mind. SO GROSS.
7. I’ve had long finger nails since some time in elementary school because I loved my mom’s long nails. I have so many memories of her filing her nails and painting them. I don’t paint mine very often because I don’t like being asked if they’re fake.
8. I make and send an average of 800 cards each year and I take a picture of each one.
Here are the eight other recipients I’d like to share this Stylish Blog Award with:
Christine David – I found Christine on YouTube in 2009 because she has so many creative how-to videos. I learned how to make some cool cards and then was happy to find she lives locally in Maple Valley. We became fast friends and she is my Close to My Heart Consultant.
Terry Bolender – I met Terry online while looking for a local Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator in 2009. When she blogs, she shares so many creative cards and ideas. I love the cards she designs and she inspires my creativity.
Kelly Marie Alvarez – Kelly Marie is known on Twitter as her business name @LawnFawn. She is a ray of sunshine and is just as wonderful and fun in person as she is online! After becoming friends through Twitter, I was happy to meet her and her husband Mike in person last August. Kelly Marie blogs daily and makes video tutorials as well as running a successful acrylic stamp business. You can also find her work and stamps featured in various paper craft magazines such as Paper Crafts Magazine.
Angela Bodas – We started following each other and connecting on Twitter and someday, we’ll finally meet in person! We’re both huge Depeche Mode fans and avid crafters, so we have a lot to talk about. She has loads of creative ideas on her blog, so I hope you visit her site along with these other ladies’ blogs.
Megan Reardon – I don’t recall how I stumbled upon her blog back in 2003 or so, but Meagan’s “Not Martha” website is full of sass, attitude, creativity and great ideas. She moved to Seattle a few years ago, so now she’s a local girl!
Becca Ludlum – Becca and I met on Twitter and I enjoy reading about her crazy boys on her blog. She’s a great mom who shares stories of the silliness and madness that goes on in her house. :)
Elizabeth Caldwell – I also met Liz on Twitter and found we have music and creativity in common. She is a freelance Surface Designer and Illustrator specializing in the stationery and gift industry. You may recognize some of the patterns and creations she has designed!
Jen Young – I found Jen’s blog a few years ago when I was looking for ideas for cutting with my Cricut Expression machine. She stamps, she creates cards and paper-crafts and she designs custom cuts you can use with software and your Cricut Expression machine! She’s an Aloha girl, living the good life in Hawaii. :)
Oh my – how could I have left out one of my BEST friends, STACY LYNCH!?!?!? I guess it’s because I was mainly thinking of paper-crafters, but it just feels WRONG to leave her off, because she is so creative and writes regular, excellent blog posts. So please visit Stacy Lynch’s blog to make up for me leaving her off this list of eight… by accident. Sorry Stac’!!!